Tuesday 9 December 2014

Diwali...The Festival of Lights, Colours and Food

"Creativity can add more values to festivals." 
Indian festivals are full of life, colour, lights and delicious cuisines. Diwali being celebrated as festival of lights; it showers lights to my creativity as well. I being the host of my mansion shall celebrate with a small effort through  my blog and make you feel nostalgic and homely being at home or away from home to bring lights into everyone's life. Such glimpse of mine  are already published in one of my favorite blog Design, Decor and Disha. I welcome you all to begin this celebrations with me.


A week before Diwali the count down for Diwali begins at my home J. So I try to give some time for preparation on daily basis. The mantra of Diwali this year was “Reduce, Reuse and Recycle” and a big NO to crackers. Thus gave a new look to a lot of items used in last Diwali by painting and re-decorating them. 

Some of my handmade candle Diyas. These are super easy to make and super easy to light up.J


During festivals we come across a lot of adulterated food, specially milk products. So this year tried to make everything at home. Sweets and Namkeens are made a day before Diwali.



Diwali look of entrance of my home on the first and second day.



Here are some DIY work of mine.
A old dry fruits tray of brown colour got a new look with white Portland cement, golden acrylic paint and some Kundans.


Tray made out of  Thermocol  sheet and red and gold colour gift wrapping paper.



I love decoration and decorating, but prefer those items which are not too expensive. For Diwali I prefer items which are made by Indian artisans and are available in the local market. 

Our Mandir on the day of Diwali.


Some more decorations...






This year Diwali dinner party starter and main course.
Must admit that I was so tired after so much cooking.L



Painted diyas and handmade chocolates as Diwali gifts.



Due to lots and lots of cooking couldn't manage to do a proper Rangoli this year. Have made this Lord Ganesha rangoli last year.


I hope you all had a great time and enjoyed a lot. Sorry that this post on Diwali is coming so late but still I hope it will inspire you to be more creative.JJ

2 comments: